On the 4th of July 2018, the Newcastle disease (NCD) virus was confirmed at the premises.
Taking into account the definitions included in Chapter 10.9 of the OIE Code, Belgium lost its disease-free status for Newcastle disease.
The following measures were put in place to control and avoid dissemination of the disease :
- a stamping out policy is implemented in the outbreaks;
- a protection zone of 3 km and a surveillance zone of 10 km are delimited.
Besides these measures, the FAFSC started an epidemiological investigation to identify the cause of the NCD virus introduction.
The certification conditions laid down in the relevant protocols concluded between Belgium and the non-EU countries (third countries) will be scrupulously respected.
Weekly Follow-up Reports will be sent to the OIE, according to the procedure, and published on our website.
Event summary (OIE)
- Follow up Report No.2 - 19/07/2018 (OIE) (PDF)
- Follow up Report No.1 - 12/07/2018 (OIE) (PDF)
- Immediate notification report (OIE) (PDF)
- Newcastle -Disease (OIE) (PDF)